There has been a lot of brouhahah about the Oath Keepers. For those of you not familiar with the Oath Keepers it is a group of:
“Military, Veterans, and peace officers who will honor their oaths to defend the Constitution, will NOT “just follow orders,” will stand for liberty, and will save the Republic, so help us God. Our motto is: “Not on Our Watch!”
So these brave folks have vowed to defend the Constitution even if it means disobeying orders from their superiors.
I don’t believe it. Not that I don’t believe their good intentions, but no one knows how they will act when faced with the unknown. Many a brave man turned tail and ran at the first shot fired.
Shall we look at some evidence and why I feel that the vow of the Oath Keepers can’t be relied upon?
- Kent State – National Guard troops opened fire on unarmed student protesters and killed four of them and wounded nine others. I don’t remember hearing about any National Guard troops refusing orders.
- In New Orleans local police officers began confiscating weapons from civilians in preparation for a forced evacuation of the last holdouts still living here. Mr. Compass, the police superintendent, said that after a week of near anarchy in the city, no civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns, or other firearms of any kind. “Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons,” he said. That order apparently does not apply to the hundreds of security guards whom businesses and some wealthy individuals have hired to protect their property. The guards, who are civilians working for private security firms like Blackwater, are openly carrying M-16s and other assault rifles. That’s cool though if you can afford to hire your private army you are safe and if you don’t have the funds then your Second Amendment rights will be yanked from your hands by the boys in blue. I don’t remember hearing about any locals or federal agents that refused orders.
- Then we have the federal government’s siege of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, TX. I’m not saying I support the Davidians or don’t support them, but the fact is that the place was burned to the ground killing 74 people including 2o kids and some pregnant women. I don’t remember hearing about any federal officers that refused orders to open fire.
- Then let’s not forget about Ruby Ridge where federal marshalls shot a young boy’s dog, shot the young boy in the back as he tried to run away and also shot and killed Randy Weaver’s wife through the head.
- Then there are countless incidents of police beating union activists and union members.
- Busting the medical marijuana outlets in Cali thereby denying sick and dying people of comfort.
- Don’t forget the police infiltrating anti-war peace groups.
- And how many times do we see police beat citizens or shoot unarmed citizens.
- And the mistreatment of detainees is plainly an order that should have been refused under the Code of Military Conduct.
So no, while I appreciate the Oath Keepers warm thoughts and well wishes I don’t believe that when push comes to shove they will disobey direct orders to do whatever is asked of them. Talk is cheap.
I don’t mean to be disrespectful and I’m sure that the Oath keepers are well intentioned, but based on the evidence – shooting unarmed people, shooting people in he back, wide spread beatings of citizens, seizure of legally owned firearms when people most need them taking pot away from dying people and on and on and on there is only one conclusion that any sane person can come to; that the authorities can’t be trusted.
And some news of the day – “The US government has admitted the nation’s power grid is vulnerable to cyber attack, following reports it has been infiltrated by foreign spies.” Are you prepping to live in the pre-industrial age?
And the Fed released the minutes from its last meeting, the economy is much worse than they let on and as you hopefully know the Fed downgraded its forecasts – “Sixty-three experts butted heads openly and were unable to decide whether the economy has just simply slowed more than expected, or is in the toilet — where it will remain for years to come.”
Don’t depend on anyone else to do what’s right.
Get outside everyday!!
An old stone dam built in the woods.